Everyone the world over loves a nice, hearty plate of pasta now and then it’s inexpensive and definitely filling. This pasta is extremely easy to make and absolutely delicious how could you go wrong with bacon AND mushrooms! Forget about buying pre-made Alfredo sauce, it’s simple and rewarding to make your own in only a few short steps. The meal is ready in under half an hour, and you can add all different kinds of flavors to switch things up once you get comfortable. Serve this as either the main course or as a side dish. As an added bonus, serve with garlic bread.
3 cups short pasta (penne, fusilli, rigatoni, etc.)
1 cup sliced mushrooms (portabella or brown)
5 bacon slices, cooked and chopped up
1 white onion, chopped up
cup white wine
1 cup whipping cream
1 tbsp. butter
1 pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1-teaspoon garlic salt/onion salt
2 tablespoons cheese (parmesan or mozzarella)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Time to prepare: 15 minutes
Time to cook: 20 minutes
- In large pan, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions. Cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to pan. Cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add pepper and garlic/onion salt
- Add white wine to pan.
- Reduce heat and let sit until majority of the liquid in the pan has evaporated.
- Add cream to pan and up heat to medium-high.
- Once Mixture is boiling, reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add bacon
- Fill large cooking pot with water and bring to a boil. Salt the water.
- Add pasta to boiler water. Cook for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Strain pasta and add to sauce.
- Serve on plate with grated cheese.